A three part course that shows the infinite possibilities of app development!
Advanced students will have the opportunity to:
- Dive deeper into the fundamentals of the Swift programming language
- Learn Debugging techniques
- Discover Advanced structures, classes and inheritance
- Take an in-depth look at collection types
- Take an in-depth look at UIKit
- Learn how to customize apps for different iOS and iPadOS devices
- Learn Agile Software development principles
- Spend time with Advanced Git/Github
- Receive one-on-one mentoring while prototyping and building their own app
When Does Launch Pad Take Place?
- Oct 10 - Dec 18
- Group classes Sundays at 1:00 PM
- One-on-one mentoring based on individual schedules
- Classes take place over Zoom, with an industry expert
What is Swift?
Swift is the official Apple programming language, used to build many of the iOS apps on our modern devices. Swift is a great beginner language that is flexible, safe and fun to learn!
Why Learn iOS Development?
Apps are a large part of our modern every-day life. iOS development is not only a fun and useful skill for kids to learn, it also helps to expand their mind and creativity. Learning iOs development pulls back the curtain on the apps and devices we use every single day and helps kids and adults better understand our world.
Who Can Attend Launch Pad?
- Launch Pad is the first of three parts of Swift Kids’ Advanced iOS courses
- Launch Pad is the next step in an app developer’s journey following the success of Swift Kids’ Soaring High
- A great option for older students (16 +) with software development experience (ie. grade 11 Computer Science) (instructor approval required)
- If you’re wondering if you, or your child would be a good fit for Launch Pad, please reach out to Swift Kids instructor Brendan: [email protected]
Advanced iOS Development: A Unique Learning Experience
Launch Pad uses Apple certified learning materials in a flipped classroom to teach students the key concepts of iOS app development.
The flipped classroom is a modern learning technique. It provides students the space to study materials first on their own, followed by meetings with their teacher to follow up on questions they have. Students will meet weekly with their peers, over the course of ten weeks, with their qualified instructor for clarification and questions in a secure Zoom room. Students will also have access throughout the week to their instructor, who is available for guidance and clarification along the way.
Why Do We Use A Flipped Classroom?
- It offers more hands-on learning experience
- Students can work at their own pace, meaning those who gain concepts faster won't be held back and those who take more time won't be left behind
- It offers a more individualized and personalized learning experience for each child
- Encourages more class participation and problem-solving with their peers
- Students are more engaged in class
- Students get more out of their one-on-one time with their industry-expert instructor